Naturopathic Doctor in Laguna Beach CA
The biochemical aspect of the body includes digestion, immune function, blood and hormone chemistry, organ and tissue physiology, hydration and pH levels, toxicity levels, and nutrition. We have many types of assessments to get an accurate evaluation of the biochemical state of our patients in order to create a plan of care to work through the underlying issues that are stressing the body and thwarting proper healing.
NUTRITIONAL COUNSELING & SUPPLEMENTATION IN LAGUNA BEACH CA
We provide customized naturopathic care in Laguna Beach. Dietary changes and nutritional supplements are used to balance the body's supply of specific nutrients that may be out of balance due to diet, functional physiological imbalances, or individual reactions to stress. We use scientifically formulated supplements that are precise blends of herbs, vitamins, minerals, and other nutritional components.
ACUTE & CHRONIC IMMUNE TREATMENT
Are you fighting off a cold or flu? Are you suffering from an autoimmune challenge? Our doctors will recommend specific diagnostic tests to determine the cause of the issue and work with you to strengthen your immune system through supplementation, nutrition, and specialized treatment. You will receive customized lifestyle protocols for to improve your health and maintain a functioning and flourishing lifestyle.
The practice of giving small amounts of specifically prepared natural substances that stimulate the body's inherent ability to cure itself based on its symptoms.
SIBO stands for Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth. This is a widespread condition with detrimental effects. We provide a proven protocol to reverse the effects of SIBO and restore digestive health.
DETOXIFICATION & CLEANSING PROGRAMS
Toxic burden within the body decreases our ability to experience optimal health. Our vital life force is busy trying to deal with detoxification needs instead of fully expressing itself within our body. By cleansing the body, it allows the vital force of the body to flow, which therefore allows us to experience a better level of health while slowing the aging process and increasing the regenerative healing powers in our body. We create detoxification programs for our patients incorporating a dietary protocol, and supplementation to aid the body in releasing toxins and healing the digestive system and body as a whole.
We offer a standard detoxification package. Click Here to Learn More!
GENETIC WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAMS
Tired of trying to waste time, effort, and money on weight loss programs that don't work for you? There are now cutting-edge technologies in which we are able to utilize your specific genetic make-up to determine the best weight loss protocol for your body. The Pathway Fit test will determine the best exercise and dietary choices for your unique body. We then create a program for you incorporating weight loss treatments, supplementation, cleansing protocols, and check-ins to lead you to your desired destination!
Our Biochemical Evaluations Include:
These tests are collected through our facility and then sent off to the lab for analysis.
- Comprehensive Blood Panel – This is a comprehensive test that includes CBC w/differential, a lipid panel, liver enzymes, a thyroid hormone panel, a renal panel and electrolytes. Other specialty blood tests may also be ordered.
- Food Allergies Testing – Food Antibody Profiles
The incidence of food allergies has increased dramatically over the years, and it is estimated that up to 20% of the population has adverse reactions to foods. The Genova Diagnostics IgG Food Profile helps identify those with true immune-mediated allergies versus food intolerance. It measures IgG antibody levels to 88 foods and Total IgE. The IgE Food Profile measures quantitative IgE antibody levels to the most common types of dietary allergens. Additional tests are also available for Vegetables and Spices.
- NutrEval Testing- This is a blood test to determine the patient's nutrient deficiencies. Once we determine the specific deficiencies of the patient, we cater IV nutritional therapy and supplementation to nourish the body with the nutrients that are lacking.
- Adrenal Stress Index - The Adrenal Rhythm & Its Importance
The human adrenal gland does not secrete its steroid hormones at a constant level throughout the day. The hormones are actually released in a cycle with the highest value in the morning and the lowest value at night. An abnormal adrenal rhythm can influence many functions of the body, some of which include energy production, muscle and joint function, bone health, immune health, sleep quality, skin regeneration, thyroid function, and stress. This index shows the release of cortisol and its cycle.
- Salivary Hormones - Saliva is a Valuable Diagnostic Tool for Hormone Assessment -The use of saliva as a vehicle for the determination of plasma steroid hormone levels has increased dramatically in recent years. Both clinicians and investigators have used saliva to assess numerous clinical problems including, celiac disease, liver function immunodeficiency, and hormone imbalances. Saliva has also been used for pharmacokinetic studies and therapeutic drug monitoring in a variety of clinical situations. The value of saliva as a monitoring medium resides in the fact that it is easy to collect, store, and ship, and is non-invasive, thus convenient for multiple sampling.
- Stool Analysis – A comprehensive digestive stool analysis is an advanced non-invasive diagnostic tool that can help practitioners improve prevention and target treatment strategies for gastrointestinal disorders. The enhanced assessment, developed using leading-edge advances in gastroenterology and biotechnology research, offers physicians unparalleled insight into the diagnosis and treatment of patients with digestive conditions, such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Inflammatory Bowel Disease. This diagnostic panel also explores the risk factors for serious gastrointestinal diseases.
In addition to providing a comprehensive evaluation of gut microbial ecology and digestive function, this panel also includes:
- Distinguish definitively between chronic functional digestive disorders like Irritable Bowel Syndrome and organic diseases such as Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Utilize the most sensitive markers for noninvasive risk assessment of colorectal cancer, the second leading cause of cancer death in the U.S.
- Evaluate pancreatic digestive enzyme output without interference from digestive supplements, changes in stool transit time, or marker variability.
- Improve speed and accuracy in monitoring eradication therapy for H. pylori, the causal bacterium in peptic ulcer disease.
This panel significantly expands a clinician's ability to identify pathogenic yeast and parasites in the gastrointestinal tract through a proprietary Optimized Parasite Recovery technology. In addition, the analysis detects both C. difficile toxins A and B, the number one cause of antibiotic-associated diarrhea.
- SIBO Methane Breath Test - Helps determine whether or not the patient has SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth) through a simple breath test.
- Pathway Fit Test - This test provides a genetic fitness profile, an individualized report with powerful information to help you understand how your genetics and lifestyle may affect your diet, nutrition, and exercise. This is part of our Genetic Weight Loss Program. Using genetic appropriate protocols has been found to provide 3x better weight loss results.
- Standard Detoxification Profile - This test analyzes saliva and urine after challenge doses of caffeine, aspirin, and acetaminophen, to assess Phase I and Phase II functional capacity of the liver to convert and clear toxic substances from the body.
- Comprehensive Detoxification Profile – This test analyzes saliva, blood, and after- challenge doses of caffeine, aspirin, and acetaminophen in order to assess the Phase I and Phase II functional capacity of the liver to convert and clear toxic substances from the body. This profile includes markers for oxidative stress and important antioxidants. The standard profile analyzes saliva and urine to assess the Phase I and Phase II functional capacity of the liver to convert and clear toxic substances from the body.
- Intestinal Permeability – The small intestine has the paradoxical dual function of being a digestive/ absorptive organ for nutrients as well as a powerful barrier against the excessive absorption of bacteria, food antigens and large molecules. Increased permeability of the intestinal mucosal barrier can swell the number of toxins & antigens entering the bloodstream and lead to an overly sensitized immune system in some individuals. Decreased permeability, on the other hand, appears as a fundamental cause of malnutrition, malabsorption and failure to thrive. A number of clinical disorders are associated with both conditions.
- The Intestinal Permeability Assessment directly measures the ability of two nonmetabolized sugar molecules -mannitol and lactulose-to permeate the intestinal mucosa. Mannitol is easily absorbed and serves as a marker of transcellular uptake, while lactulose is only slightly absorbed and serves as a marker for mucosal integrity. To perform the test, the patient mixes premeasured amounts of lactulose and mannitol and drinks the challenge substance. The test measures the amount of lactulose and mannitol recovered in a urine sample over the next 6 hours.
Once we are able to identify the biochemical factors that are negatively effecting the body, we will create a plan of care and combine the best of many healthcare disciplines to guide you on your journey towards healing.
7:00am - 2:00pm
12:00pm - 6:00pm
7:00am - 2:00pm
12:00pm - 6:00pm
7:00am - 2:00pm
8:00am - 12:00pm