Through our integrative model, we bring together the best of many healthcare disciplines for your benefit, combining a wealth of knowledge and a wide range of services.
When functioning properly, the body heals itself as it was designed to do. Health challenges arise when the body’s systems get out of balance. We seek to identify and diagnose the underlying issues inhibiting natural healing. Through high quality, holistic treatment, we address the whole body in order to bring about real change. We provide a customized and personalized plan of care for each of our patients. This allows for symptom relief and long term transformation leading to an active and healthy quality of life!
What is Functional Medicine?
Functional Medicine addresses the underlying causes of disease, using a systems-oriented approach and engaging both patient and practitioner in a therapeutic partnership. It is an evolution in the practice of medicine that better addresses the healthcare needs of the 21st century. By shifting the traditional disease-centered focus of medical practice to a more patient-centered approach, Functional Medicine addresses the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms. Functional Medicine practitioners spend time with their patients, listening to their histories and looking at the interactions among genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health and complex, chronic disease. In this way, Functional Medicine supports the unique expression of health and vitality for each individual.
- Functional Medicine offers a powerful new operating system and clinical model for assessment, treatment, and prevention of chronic disease to replace the outdated and ineffective acute-care models carried forward from the 20th century.
- Functional Medicine incorporates the latest in genetic science, systems biology, and understanding of how environmental and lifestyle factors influence the emergence and progression of disease.
- Functional Medicine enables physicians and other health professionals to practice proactive, predictive, personalized medicine and empowers patients to take an active role in their own health.
6 Core Principals of Functional Medicine
- An understanding of the biochemical individuality of each human being, based on the concepts of genetic and environmental uniqueness;
- Awareness of the evidence that supports a patient-centered rather than a disease-centered approach to treatment;
- Search for a dynamic balance among the internal and external body, mind, and spirit;
- Interconnections of internal physiological factors;
- Identification of health as a positive vitality, not merely the absence of disease, and emphasizing those factors that encourage the enhancement of a vigorous physiology;
- Promotion of organ reserve as the means to enhance the health span, not just the life span, of each patient.
How profound, insightful, and prophetic Thomas Edison was. Many people think that being healthy is merely an absence of symptoms. In reality there is so much more to living at your optimal level. The body is designed to health itself. This is the cornerstone of our integrative medical practice.
The Body was designed to Heal Itself
Four Main Systems of the Body
There are four primary governing systems in the body that integrate and depend on each other to be fully functional.
The four main systems of the body are structural, biochemical, emotional, and electromagnetic. Health is enjoyed when all these systems are in balance and working ideally. When one system gets stressed or out of balance, it can negatively affect all other systems and lead to degeneration and disease processes.
Our approach is to evaluate and treat the systems to decrease the stress load. This will allow the body's healing energy to relieve symptoms and bring the body back to balance. Chinese medicine has been studying and applying this for over three thousand years. We combine recent scientific and medical breakthroughs with ancient wisdom to bring about some of the most effective healthcare solutions available. As your systems are brought into balance, your health can be restored!
Please review the slides above to learn more about how we include the STRUCTURAL, BIOCHEMICAL, EMOTIONAL, and ELECTROMAGNETIC systems of the body in our integrative patient care model.