Happy Holidays Friends and Family!
We wanted to share one of the Arthur’s favorite Holiday desserts!
Thomas Henzi's California Almond Cake
California Almond Cake Recipe
16 oz. almond paste (containing sugar)
1 cup butter, softened
¾ cups sugar
1/3 cup triple sec
3 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour (or gluten free flour)
1 tsp. baking powder
Sliced toasted almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream together the almond paste, butter and sugar on medium-high speed for 2 minutes.
2. Reduce speed to medium-low, and slowly add the triple sec and eggs. Do not overmix.
3. Sift together the flour and baking powder; add to butter mixture and mix only until blended.
4. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9-in. springform pan. Bake for 45 minutes. Cover the cake with foil to prevent over-browning, and bake for another 30 to 35 minutes.
5. Allow the cake to cool in the pan, and turn out onto a platter. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and powdered sugar before serving.
Makes: One 9-in. cake
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 20 minute